Job Opportunity - Public Works Foreman
Posted on Thursday December 21, 2017 at 11:05AM
TOWN OF OXBOW - PUBLIC WORKS FOREMAN
The Town of Oxbow is seeking a full-time Public Works Foreman. This is both a management and working foreman position; on-call work is required. Under the general direction of the Chief Administrative Officer, the Foreman is responsible for coordinating the overall operations of the Public Works Department, including water and wastewater networks and infrastructure, streets and sidewalks, and the various municipal buildings and equipment.
Considerable judgement, professionalism, and leadership skills are necessary in coordinating and carrying out the work with the Public Works team. Complex problems and policy matters are resolved in conjunction with the Chief Administrative Officer and Council.
• Level 2 Water Treatment Certificate (or prepared to obtain the Certificate);
• Level 2 Water Distribution Certificate (or prepared to obtain the Certificate);
• Level 1 Wastewater Management (or prepared to obtain the Certificate);
• 3A driver’s license with air brake endorsement;
• Heavy equipment operating and maintenance experience;
• Experience with welding, plumbing, carpentry and mechanical repair;
• Team player with demonstrated leadership and human resource management skills;
• Proficient in information technology and applications (MS Office, GPS, Smartphone);
• Familiarity and compliance with Occupational Health & Safety legislation and practices;
• Motivated to pursue professional development opportunities for self and staff;
• Effective public communication skills and ethics;
Attractive benefit package available. Salary negotiable based on experience.
All applications should include a cover letter, resume, and three references, two of which are work related. Applications will remain open until the position is filled.
For more information or to submit applications:
Lisa Pierce, Chief Administrative Officer
Town of Oxbow
P.O. Box 149
Oxbow, SK S0C 2B0
Author: Town of Oxbow