This job has expired.
|Career Title:||Public Works Manager|
|NAICS Code:||Public Administration (92)|
|Modified Date:||Jan 22, 2017|
|Description:||Public Works Manager - Town of Thorsby
Closing Date: 12:00 noon (MT) on February 7, 2017
Permanent, Full-Time – 40 hours per week
Thorsby, is the newest Town in Alberta effective January 1, 2017, and is located 25 minutes from the City of Leduc and the Edmonton International Airport. For Thorsby to continue to keep its place on the regional stage and to remain one of the best places to live, work, and play, we need to anticipate the changes that may challenge us and prepare for them in the best interests of the Town. We believe in accountability, leadership and sustainability and we offer a workplace setting that promotes transparency, innovation and community building. If joining the Thorsby team is of interest, we’re currently recruiting for a permanent, full-time Public Works Manager.
The Public Works Manager will be an integral member of the senior management team in the planning and development of the lifecycle for Town facilities and infrastructure and will report directly to the Town Manager.
The successful candidate will have a fully rounded, strong public works background with minimum of five (5) years municipal supervisory/management experience accompanied by proficient skills with heavy equipment, lead the health and safety program and will be accountable to develop and manage the budget processes and monitor financial performance for the department.
If you are seeking a challenging opportunity and recognize that as a smaller community, active hands on contributions will be required, this could be the opportunity you’re seeking.
Interested candidates should submit resume and covering letter outlining how they meet the requirements for the position to email@example.com or via mail marked confidential to C. Burke
Thorsby, AB T0C 2P0
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted
|Qualifications:||The successful incumbent will possess the ability and be accountable to:
- Compose and submit professional reports and the ability to respond to questions from Council and its committees; provide information on program activities; update key stakeholders on emerging issues; manage strategic priorities with significant public or Council implications
- Think creatively and encourage creative thinking with regards to engineering and operation issues within tight budget constraints and be able to offer practical solutions and follow-through of projects to completion
- Provide leadership and guidance to both internal and external teams or groups ensuring efficient utilization of resources, processes, and policies
- Oversee the establishment of and ongoing management of quality assurance measures and programs and the municipal Occupational Health and Safety Program
- Actively work with partners within other departments to ensure alignment with municipal objectives and mandatory/statutory plans and requirements
- Provide a positive work environment where employees have the resources, tools and support structure required to build the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for success
- Hiring/discipline/management of staff in Union environment
- Developing performance metrics and required response strategies to address issues while ensuring key performance measures are met
- Manage operational risks and develop mitigation strategies
- High level of competency in general computer/GIS/Microsoft Office
|Education:||Completed or enrolled in Public Works Supervisor Program|
|Job Expiry Date:||Feb 07, 2017|
|Company:||Town of Thorsby|
|Postal code:||T0C 2P0|