Library Assistant - Job Details
This job has expired.
|Career Title:||Library Assistant|
|NAICS Code:||Information (51)|
|Modified Date:||Jun 08, 2017|
|Recruiter:||Morinville Community Library|
|Description:||The Morinville Community Library prides itself on providing a unique library experience to Morinville and Sturgeon area residents. It is not your typical library, instead acting as an active hub in the community by offering patrons a fun and friendly place to visit with a fantastic atmosphere and exciting programming.
Morinville Community Library is looking for an outgoing, efficient, organized and self-motivated individual to join our fantastic front desk team. (30 hrs./wk. 5 days a week, shift work, must be flexible)
The successful candidate’s main duties are to provide reference assistance, perform regular roaming duties, as well as spearhead all library programs. Following the established bylaws, policies, procedures and guidelines, the Library Assistant will:
* Provide reference, information, and literary services to our customers.
* Create and change regularly various displays.
* Assist in the overall operation of the front desk service area.
* Assist in keeping the library neat in appearance.
* Under the direction of management, plan, implement, supervise and evaluate all library programs.
Candidate must be available weekdays, evenings & weekends.
To apply, submit your resume no later than July 7, 2017 by mail, fax, email or in person to:
Morinville Community Library
10119 - 100 Avenue Morinville, Alberta, Canada T8R 1P8
Phone: 780-939-3292 Fax: 780-939-2757
ATTENTION: Isabelle Cramp
|Qualifications:||The candidate must have the following education:
* Post-secondary training - Library Technician Diploma, library experience an asset.
The candidate must have the following qualifications:
* Keen interest in programming for all ages, experience an asset.
* Excellent oral & written communication skills in English, French an asset.
* Strong research skills & math and cashiering skills.
* Knowledge & practical experience with computers, internet and on-line resources.
* Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to lift & carry up to 25 lbs. and to perform repeated hand & arm movements.
* Ability to multitask & work in a fast paced environment.
* Valid driver’s license.
|Salary:||$17.00 per hour|
|Education:||Library Technician Diploma|
|Category:||Roaming Librarian and Program Coordinator|
|Job Expiry Date:||Jul 07, 2017|
|Company:||Morinville Community Library|
|Postal code:||T8R 1P8|