This job has expired.
|Career Title:||Journeyman Mechanic|
|NAICS Code:||Other (81)|
|Modified Date:||Nov 30, 2017|
|Description:||Lamont County is currently seeking a full-time employee for the Public Works Department.
• Perform regular Journeyman level repairs and maintenance on all types of heavy equipment/trucks
• Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner
|Qualifications:||• High school diploma preferred. Minimum certification from vocational school or completion of apprenticeship.
• Proven mechanic experience of 5-10+ years. Preference will be given to those applicants with a Journeyman Mechanic ticket.
• Valid certification in Automotive and or Heavy Duty mechanics (CVIP Inspector is an asset).
• Excellent knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical and other systems and their components, as well as a basic understanding of welding, along with problem solving.
• Successful applicants must possess basic mechanical skills, and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds. The ability to follow verbal and written directions and interact in a positive manner with internal and external customers is essential.
• Applicants must have a commitment to safe working practices.
All applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age, possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license and provide their own reliable transportation to work. A driver’s abstract will be required prior to employment commencement.
|Salary:||$66,236.57 to $80,742.01|
|Education:||high school diploma, minimum of vocational school or completed apprenticeship. Journeyman Mechanic ticket preferred.|
|Job Expiry Date:||Dec 20, 2017|
|Postal code:||T0B 2R0|