This job has expired.
|Career Title:||Accounting/Administrative Clerk - Downtown law firm|
|NAICS Code:||Administrative, Support and Remediation (56)|
|Modified Date:||Jan 30, 2018|
If you are talented in providing unprecedented service, are enthusiastic and a team player, we are looking for you. We are currently looking for an Accounting Clerk to join our Law Firm client's Finance department and invite you to review the job description.
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for a variety of accounting tasks for the Edmonton office, and works closely with the extended team in another branch. This position is ideal for applicants who thrive on working independently, establishing strong relationships with staff and lawyers, and managing multiple priorities daily.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review invoices and proformas to ensure proper procedures are followed and approvals obtained;
• Maintain records of authorizations;
• Process Trust retainer applications;
• Post manual disbursements to client files;
• Assist Legal Administrative Assistants with billing inquiries;
• Receipt and verification of invoices requiring payment, including checking authorization, GL, and ensuring compliance with internal best practices;
• General ledger and tax coding of invoices;
• Preparation of rush cheques daily, entering vendor invoices for weekly payment and arranging for signatures;
• Coding and entering expense reimbursement requests for payment in conjunction with payroll deadlines;
• Maintain petty cash;
• Place stop payments on stale-dated cheques;
• Maintain Accounts Payable filing;
Accounts Receivable and Trust Accounting:
• Posting of cash receipts;
• Maintain banking, including daily review of deposits and posting of EFT/wire transactions;
• Confirming trust funds in accounts are cleared and approve payments;
• Process Trust cheques, transfers, investments and reconciliations;
• Arrange wire transfers;
• Ensure compliance with Law Society rules;
• Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Qualities & Experience Required
• Minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in a similar role/environment is preferred
Post secondary education with an accounting diploma
• Strong Excel skills and experience with account programs required;
• Excellent organizational and time management abilities required to prioritize a high volume of tasks or competing Priorities;
• Dedicated to providing service beyond expectation;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize and deliver creative solutions; and
• Ability to manage multiple internal clients and be adaptable to the needs of each.
|Qualifications:||To explore this career opportunity to work with a team of four in a friendly, collaborative environment with a leader who will also act as a strong mentor.
Please respond in confidence directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you in advance to all applicants, only those meeting our clients criteria will be contacted, other resumes will be kept on file for future consideration.
We look forward to assisting you with your career search.
Referrals are always welcome and rewarded upon placement.
|Education:||Post Secondary Education|
|Job Expiry Date:||Jan 30, 2018|
|Postal code:||T5J 3G2|
Please register with us as we receive new staffing requirements daily.
Feel free to submit your resume for opportunities you may be qualified for to email@example.com
Thank you for visiting our web site !