This job has expired.
|Career Title:||Director of Public Works|
|NAICS Code:||Administrative, Support and Remediation (56)|
|Modified Date:||May 09, 2018|
|Description:||Lamont County is seeking a Director of Public Works. This position reports directly to the County Manager. The successful individual will be a member of the management team, planning departmental priorities while ensuring alignment with County goals and objectives.
The Director of Public Works’ prime duty will be to manage and administer the Lamont County Public Works department. This includes being responsible for the supervision of the Road Construction and Road Maintenance Programs, including the Public Works maintenance shop. This position oversees the annual Local Road Construction and Bridge Inspection programs, management of water and utilities distribution systems, fleet maintenance, gravel acquisitions, the preparation of the Public Works budget, and Council reporting.
Lamont County offers competitive rates and an excellent benefits package. This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Please apply online or forward your resume/application to:
Human Resources Department
5303 – 50 Avenue, Lamont, AB T0B 2R0
Fax: (780) 895-7404
Lamont County thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Qualifications:||• Post-Secondary Education in Engineering, Business Administration, Public Administration, or a transportation-related discipline. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
• 10+ years of leadership experience at a management level.
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience in municipal operations, specifically related to project management, roads, underground infrastructure, transportation and procurement is required.
• Supplementary certificates or designations in local government programs, project management, water or wastewater or related field is considered an asset.
• Experience with managing organizational change initiatives, and determining and setting goals and priorities based on organizational mandates and initiatives.
• Experience in the preparation, management and execution of operational and capital budgets and strategic plans.
• Fully experienced in the use of MS Office with advanced computer skills.
• The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Driver’s Abstract and Police Information Check.
|Education:||Post Secondary or equivalent|
|Category:||Public Works Management|
|Job Expiry Date:||May 01, 2018|
|Postal code:||T0B 2R0|