This job has expired.
|Career Title:||Community Peace Officer|
|NAICS Code:||Public Administration (92)|
|Modified Date:||Apr 16, 2018|
|Description:||Lamont County is seeking a Community Peace Officer. This position reports directly to the County Manager. The Community Peace Officer conducts patrols and investigates complaints ensuring compliance with County Bylaws and Provincial Statutes, administers actions, including regulated penalties to individuals or businesses, prepares documents for court and provides assistance to other County departments, RCMP and outside agencies.
• Conduct safe and efficient road patrols throughout the County and enforce infractions of County Bylaws and Provincial Statutes.
• Enforce Provincial Traffic Safety Act, and other Provincial legislation pertaining to moving violations, parking, road usage, off- highway and commercial vehicles.
• Create complaint and enforcement action files, investigate complaints, ascertain validity and take action to achieve compliance or enforcement.
• Compile evidence and documentation for presentation in court in an accurate, professional and unbiased manner.
• Provide assistance to the RCMP, County departments and outside agencies relative to vehicle collisions, traffic control, check stops and document service.
• Assess traffic flow, visibility, time of day and volume for a proper and safe working environment to perform a traffic stop or operation.
• Thoroughly investigate all complaints to ascertain validity and take appropriate action to bring an equitable solution of compliance or enforcement.
This position is based on a 40-hour work week. Lamont County offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits package. This competition will remain open until April 30, 2018. Please forward your resume/application to:
Human Resources Department
5303 – 50 Avenue, Lamont AB, T0B 2R0
Fax: (780) 895-7404
|Qualifications:||• A minimum of one (1) year of related post-secondary education such as Public Security or Police Program, plus five (5) years of related experience. Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered.
• RCMP Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance and eligibility for Community Peace Officer Appointment.
• Proof of physical and medical fitness.
• Extensive knowledge of the Alberta Traffic Safety Act, related Regulations and Provincial Statues, and Lamont County Bylaws.
• Knowledge of RCMP and Lamont County policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of the court system, including documentation, presentation and testimony.
• Knowledge of the safe operation of various enforcement tools (two-way radios, radar, pepper spray, batons), animal apprehension and handling skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, combined with judgement and discretion.
• Strong investigative, analysis and time-management skills, with the ability to work under pressure.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and related software and equipment.
• Class 5 driver’s license and driver’s abstract is required.
• WHIMIS, First Aid and CPR certification is necessary.
|Education:||Post Secondary Public Security or Police Program|
|Job Expiry Date:||Apr 30, 2018|
|Postal code:||T0B 2R0|