1) To Qualify
This service is provided to community-minded organizations and businesses.
2) Description of Service
TownLife currently provides the Services to its customers on an annual fee. TownLife will host Your web site on TownLife's servers, provided, however, You abide by the terms and conditions set forth herein and in each of TownLife's policies and procedures. License of Your website content TownLife grants to You, and You accept from TownLife, a non-exclusive, worldwide and royalty free license to copy, display, use and transmit on and via the Internet Your website content in connection with TownLife's performance or enforcement of this Agreement.
3) Availability of Services
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, TownLife shall attempt to provide the Services for twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week throughout the term of this Agreement. You agree that from time to time the Services may be inaccessible or inoperable for any reason, including, without limitation:
- (i) equipment malfunctions;
- (ii) periodic maintenance procedures or repairs that TownLife may undertake from time to time;
or (iii) causes beyond the control of TownLife or that are not reasonably foreseeable by TownLife , including, without limitation, interruption or failure of telecommunication or digital transmission links, hostile network attacks, network congestion or other failures. You agree that TownLife has no control of availability of the Services on a continuous or uninterrupted basis.
4) Service Availability Guarantee
TownLife offers a service uptime guarantee for the Services of 99.9% ("Service Uptime") of available time. If TownLife fails to maintain this level of service availability, You may contact TownLife and request a credit of 5% of Your annual fee from TownLife for that year. The credit may be used only for the purchase of further products and services from TownLife, and is exclusive of any applicable taxes. The credit does not apply to service interruptions caused by
- (i) periodic scheduled maintenance or repairs that TownLife may undertake from time to time;
- (ii) errors caused by You from custom scripting or coding;
- (iii) outages that do not affect the appearance of the web site but merely affect access to the web site such as FTP and email;
- (iv) causes beyond the control of TownLife or that are not reasonably foreseeable by TownLife ;
- and (v) outages related to the reliability of certain programming environments.
Total Service Uptime shall be solely determined by TownLife and shall be calculated on a monthly basis.
5) Web Site Content
You shall be solely responsible for providing, updating, uploading and maintaining Your website and any and all files, pages, data, works, information and/or materials on, within, displayed, linked or transmitted to, from or through Your web site, including, without limitation, trade or service marks, images, photographs, illustrations, graphics, audio clips, video clips, email or other messages, meta tags, domain names, software and text. Your web site content shall also include any registered domain names provided by You or registered on behalf of You in connection with the Services.
You represent and warrant to TownLife that: Your Content does not and shall not contain any content, materials, data, work, trade or service mark, trade name, link, advertising or services that actually or potentially violate any applicable law or regulation or infringe or misappropriate any proprietary, intellectual property, contract or tort right of any person and that You own Your website content and all proprietary or intellectual property rights therein, or have express written authorization from the owner to copy, use and display the content on and within Your web site. If Your web site includes GIF images and you are not using Site Builder software, you must ensure that your GIF images are licensed with Unisys or were created with Unisys Authorized Software. You also warrant that the web site being hosted by TownLife will not be used in connection with any illegal activity. If You are hosting Your web site on TownLife's servers, You are responsible for ensuring that there is no excessive overloading on TownLife's DNS or servers. In the event that You exceed Your allotted bandwidth and thereby overload TownLife's DNS or servers, You shall be assessed any and all fees, costs and penalties associated with such overloading. Also TownLife reserves the right to terminate your hosting for any and all of the above violations. You may not use TownLife's servers and Your web site as a source, intermediary, reply to address, or destination address for mail bombs, Internet packet flooding, packet corruption, denial of service, or other abusive activities. Server hacking or other perpetration of security breaches is prohibited and TownLife reserves the right to remove sites that contain information about hacking or links to such information. Use of your web site as an anonymous gateway is prohibited. TownLife prohibits the use of software or scripts run on its servers that cause the server to load beyond a reasonable level, as determined by TownLife. You agree that TownLife reserves the right to remove Your web site temporarily or permanently from its servers if TownLife is the recipient of activities that threaten the stability of its network. You agree not to engage in unacceptable use of any Services, which includes, without limitation, use of the Services to:
- (i) disseminate or transmit unsolicited messages, chain letters, unsolicited commercial email, or unreasonably large volumes of email on a daily basis, provided, TownLife, in its sole discretion, may permit You, if You have a legitimate purpose and after request, to send more email than TownLife's standard SMTP relay limit;
- (ii) disseminate or transmit any material that, to a reasonable person may be abusive, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, harassing, grossly offensive, vulgar, threatening or malicious;
- (iii) disseminate or transmit files, graphics, software or other material, data or work that actually or potentially infringes the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property right of any person;
- (iv) create a false identity or to otherwise attempt to mislead any person as to the identity, source or origin of any communication;
- (v) export, re-export or permit downloading of any message or content in violation of any export or import law, regulation or restriction of the United States and its agencies or authorities, or without all required approvals, licenses and/or exemptions;
- (vi) interfere, disrupt or attempt to gain unauthorized access to any computer system, server, network or account for which You do not have authorization to access or at a level exceeding Your authorization;
- (vii) disseminate or transmit any virus, trojan horse or other malicious, harmful or disabling data, work, code or program;
- (viii) engage in any other activity deemed by TownLife to be in conflict with the spirit or intent of this Agreement or any TownLife policy; or
- (ix) use Your server as an "open relay" or similar purposes.
- (x) Modify or interfere with core TownLife components/functionality (which include but are not limited to breadcrumbs, footer links etc).
6) Custom Graphics
All custom work belongs to the customer for which it was created. The customer only retains the rights on the design that it ultimately selects, not on other concepts offered. Those rights are retained by us. This type of purchase is not intended for resell.
7) Storage and Security
At all times, You shall bear full risk of loss and damage to your web site and all of Your web site content. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your password and account information. You agree that you are solely responsible for all acts, omissions and use under and charges incurred with Your account or password or in connection with the Site or any of Your web site content displayed, linked, transmitted through or stored on the Server. You shall be solely responsible for undertaking measures to:
- (i) prevent any loss or damage to Your web site content;
- (ii) maintain independent archival and backup copies of Your web site content;
- (iii) ensure the security, confidentiality and integrity of all your web site content transmitted through or stored on TownLife servers; and
- (iv) ensure the confidentiality of Your password. TownLife's servers and virtual services are not an archive and TownLife shall have no liability to You or any other person for loss, damage or destruction of any of Your content.
You shall at all times use the Services as a conventional and/or traditional web site. You shall not use the Service in any way, in TownLife's sole discretion, that shall impair the functioning or operation of TownLife's Services or equipment. Specifically by way of example and not as a limitation, You shall not use the Services as a repository or instrument for placing or storing archived files and/or material that can be downloaded through other web sites. In the event You terminate, moving your web site off of the TownLife virtual servers is Your responsibility. TownLife will not transfer or FTP Your web site to another provider. In the event Your use of the Services is terminated, TownLife will not transfer or manage Your Services or Your website content. TownLife reserves the right to block access to its services for any reason it deems as a security threat.
8) Cancellation Policy
The term of our services is based on annual fees. The term shall be automatically renewed for successive periods unless TownLife or the Client gives the other written notice of non-renewal at least thirty (30) days before the end of the renewal date.
There are no refunds for partial terms of service, as many of our services are per-purchased based on your annual commitment.
This document was last updated on January 1, 2012.