What's Going on at LLBCL
Posted on Monday June 10, 2019 at 01:00PM
Lac La Biche County Libraries are excited to announce Lynda.com to the list of e-Resources. To access it all you will need a valid library card which is free. Click on the following link to start exploring today - https://www.lynda.com/portal/sip?org=nlls.ab.ca. If you need assistance, call the need main branch at 780-623-7467. Note this is a brand-new resource so our staff will be exploring this database right along side you.
The last Roaming Rhyme Time for this school year will be held on Tuesday, June 11th from 10:30 -11:30am in Plamondon at the Festival Center. This is a free drop in partner program between the library and Parent Link designed for 0-5 years old and their caregivers with pop up libraries services available.
You are invited to visit the main branch during the month of June to view the Art Club’s display. If you wish to display your art and crafts in the library, please contact the main branch at 780-623-7467 and speak to the Administrative Assistant for more information.
The last Rhyme Time will be held on Thursday, June 13th starting at 10:30am in the Wild Rose Room. This free drop in partner program between the Lac La Biche County Libraries and Parent Link is designed for ages 0 to 5.
RISE: Living Well on Retirement Income will be held on Wednesday, June 26th from 6:30-7:30pm. Participants will learn ways to increase income, reduce expenses, and live on a retirement income without having to rely on credit to get by. Presented by Mark Kalinowski, Financial Educator, Credit Counselling Society.
TD Summer Reading Club registration is now underway. You can visit the main branch to receive your reading club package. For those who do not need the full package, please complete the online form on our homepage under the quick links entitled “2019 TD Summer Reading Club Registration”. (https://llbcl.wufoo.com/forms/r15l6a0v10307dq/)
TD Summer Reading Club Events:
• Motivational Magic – Wednesday, July 10th at 10am in Plamondon & 2pm at the main branch
• Rock Painting - Thursday July 11th at 2pm
• Nature Walk – Thursday July 25th at 2pm at Sir Winston Churchill in the day use area.
• National Film Board – Thursday, August 1st at 2pm
• Alberta Trappers Association – Thursday, August 15th at 2pm
• Summer End Party – Thursday, August 29th at 2pm
Thank you to everyone who came out to our 3rd Escape Room featuring Harry Potter. We had 145 staff, volunteers and participants show up throughout the day. FCSS generously supplied volunteers and food for the snack shop. We can hardly wait to partner with them again on our next Escape Room in the Fall.
Author: Lac La Biche County Libraries
Comment on our article:
Posts By Date
- Library Programs
- What's Going on at LLBCL – April 6th Edition
- Spring Birds - RighT at Home
- What's Going on at LLBCL – Mar 30th Edition
- Coming Soon - Musical Instrument Lending Library
- RighT at Home - March 26
- VIrtual Preschool Programs - Coming Soon!
- Lac La Biche County Libraries Service Update
- Library Update