|Career Title:||Utility Operator|
|NAICS Code:||Public Administration (92)|
|Modified Date:||Jun 06, 2019|
|Description:||Lamont County is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of a Utility Operator for the Public Works department. The Utility Operator will report directly to the Utility Foreman on a permanent part-time basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the operations and maintenance of municipal water transmission and distribution in accordance with environmental approvals and regulations.
• Inspect reservoir facilities, pump houses and their associated control and alarm systems, and record readings. Maintain and update applicable records for all operations.
• Monitor water quality including collecting water samples for analysis.
• Install, remove, repair, read and record or calibrate commercial and residential water meters if needed.
• Maintain and repair pumping equipment together with the associated starters, electrical fuses and controls related to such equipment.
• Ensure applicable records and documents for all utility operations are maintained and updated. Prepare reports, collect documentation and research activities as needed.
Lamont County offers competitive rates and benefit packages. This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Please forward your application to:
5303 – 50 Avenue
Lamont, AB T0B 2R0
Att: Human Resources
Lamont County thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Qualifications:||The successful candidate will have experience in water, wastewater, or utility operations, valid Water and Wastewater Operator certificates, and provide their own reliable transportation to work. A driver’s abstract will be required prior to employment commencement.|
|Education:||Water and Wastewater Operator certificates|
|Job Expiry Date:||Jul 06, 2019|
|Postal code:||T0B 2R0|