This job has expired.
|Career Title:||Summer Program Leader|
|NAICS Code:||Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation (71)|
|Modified Date:||Jun 27, 2019|
|Description:||The Summer Program Leader is responsible for leadership, planning and implementing summer recreational programs for children and youth in the Thorsby area. This is a part-time summer position with flexible hours. May include some evenings and weekends.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists in implementation and evaluation of the various programs which are hosted by the Parks and Recreation department.
• Assists in planning and implementing special events. These events, which may occur on evenings and weekends, include the following:
o Themed Day Camps
o Special Events
o Field Trips
• Performs monthly/weekly administrative tasks which include, but are not limited to, processing participant registrations and managing summer programs.
• Adheres to guidelines as set out in the Human Resource Policy Manual.
• Performs related duties as required.
|Qualifications:||The incumbent should have an understanding of the Park and Recreation department’s summer programs; must have Standard First Aid and CPR Level C certification (or be willing to obtain them). In addition, the incumbent must have strong verbal and written communication skills; strong organizational skills; and be able to work well in a team setting and motivate diverse groups of people. The position may require some evening and weekend work.
Qualified individuals are asked to submit an up-to-date resume and cover letter that clearly outlines how you meet the above requirements. Job posting will close July 3rd, 2019 at 4:00pm. We thank all applicants for their interest but only select individuals will be contacted for an interview.
|Salary:||Determined based on CUPE Local 30 Union Guidelines|
|Education:||High School Student/Diploma|
|Category:||Parks & Recreation|
|Job Expiry Date:||Jul 03, 2019|
|Company:||Town of Thorsby|
|Postal code:||T0C 2P0|