|Career Title:||DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC SERVICES|
|NAICS Code:||Utilities (22)|
|Modified Date:||Aug 09, 2019|
|Description:||• Direct work task assignments for both the Utilities and Parks operators and monitor effective completion.
• Prepare and submit annual budgets and administers approved budget.
• Develop policies, procedures and programs for accomplishing approved objectives, including the development of methods, standards, scheduling and reporting system for an effective municipal maintenance system.
• Liaise with contracted Architects, Planners and Engineers and lead project management for a variety of Public Services projects.
• Responsible for the maintenance of all roads, utilities, public works, recreational buildings and other buildings and public works and recreation equipment in reasonable condition within acceptable governmental and regulatory standards and trends.
• Required to attend Council and Special Meeting as requested by the CAO or Council.
• Experience applying for Federal and Provincial grants.
• Respond to public enquiries and complaints according to approved procedures.
• Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
|Qualifications:||• Possess an Engineering (APEGA) designation related to Municipal Design, or R.E.T, A. Sc. T, C.E.T, C. Tech, accreditation with The Association of Science and Engineering Technology Professionals of Alberta (ASET) or related background.
• Ability to interpret design drawings including road, storm water, deep and shallow utility.
• Ability to apply for Federal and provincial grants.
• Possess a valid Alberta Driver’s license and be able to travel and perform necessary inspections of local municipal improvements at subdivision and development sites and provide interpretation of the Town’s Design Guidelines to developers and consultants during inspections.
|Job Expiry Date:||Aug 23, 2019|
|Company:||Town of Millet|
|Postal code:||T0C 1Z0|