|Career Title:||Staff Accountant - (Part Time)|
|NAICS Code:||Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services (54)|
|Modified Date:||Aug 08, 2019|
|Description:||On behalf of our client a Professional Investment company, located downtown, we are seeking a part-time Accountant/Bookkeeper to work in their office 2 days per week. As the staff Accountant you will be overseeing the accounting functions from data entry to financial statement preparation for about 8 -10 holding companies.
Financial Accounting Responsibilities:
• Prepare annual working paper files and draft financial statements for small holding/investment companies
• Preparation of a non-consolidated working paper files for year-ends. (files are then given to Accounting firms for final tax prep) Coordinate strict reporting deadlines with overall workload.
• Maintain accounting software system.
• Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of accounting policies and procedures.
• Assist in the preparation of external reporting requirements and reports to owners/managers for internal reporting as needed.
• Additional AP/AR/GST Accounting duties
• Preparation and entry of accounts payable and checks
• Preparation and entry of accounts receivable and deposits
• Prepare Bank reconciliations
• Preparation and filing of GST returns
• Prepare and enter payroll.
• Minor filing duties, including preparing files and hangers.
• Minor office duties (ordering paper supplies, etc)
• Our client is flexible on the days of the week you want to work.
|Qualifications:||Compensation will commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Candidates best suited to this opportunity with have an accounting degree plus a minimum of three years’ experience with full cycle accounting experience as a Technician within public practice.
This position will meet education requirements if you are pursuing an accounting designation.
Candidates must have experience with preparing working paper files on Simply & Caseware, be self-directed, well organized, produce meticulous files and be willing to learn additional skills to develop your business acumen.
Thank you in advance to all candidates, only those meeting the above criteria will be contacted.
|Salary:||To be negotiated|
|Job Expiry Date:||Sep 07, 2019|
|Postal code:||T5J 3G2|
Please register with us as we receive new staffing requirements daily.
Feel free to submit your resume for opportunities you may be qualified for to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for visiting our web site !