This job has expired.
|Career Title:||Grader Operator|
|NAICS Code:||Transportation and Warehousing (48-49)|
|Modified Date:||Oct 21, 2019|
|Description:||Lamont County has an opening for an experienced Motor Grader Operator on a full-time permanent basis with our Public Works Department. Reporting to the Road Maintenance Supervisor, the successful candidate will perform duties directly related to road maintenance including maintaining gravel roads, snow removal, dust control, and assisting in other road maintenance duties as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Safe and efficient operation of a motor grader.
• Maintaining Lamont County gravel roads.
• Performing snow removal using a V-Plow and Wing-Plow.
• Perform daily routine inspection of motor grader.
• Compliance with the Lamont County health and safety program.
• Other maintenance related duties as assigned.
Lamont County is committed to protecting the health and safety of its employees, all personnel are governed by the County’s Health & Safety Program. A commercial driver’s abstract is requested as a pre-condition upon employment. Applicants may be road tested to demonstrate grader skills.
The regular hours of work are between 6:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Lamont County offers a comprehensive benefit package and pension program. The salary range is $28.13 - $34.30/hour. This competition will remain open until November 4th, 2019.
|Qualifications:||• Three (3) or more years of motor grader operating experience, primarily in maintaining gravel roads.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Minimum of a valid Class 3 Driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract.
• Ability to lift approximately 50 lbs, sit for prolonged periods, climb in and out of equipment
• Ability to work in all types of weather (rain, cold or hot) and dusty conditions.
• Willing to work 10 hour days, overtime may be required from time to time.
• Safety conscious and attentive to the working environment they are in.
• Excellent public relations and communication skills are required.
• Mechanical aptitude to perform routine inspection and servicing of motor grader.
• Ability to work independently and unsupervised.
|Salary:||$28.13 - $34.30/hour|
|Education:||High School Diploma or GED|
|Job Expiry Date:||Nov 04, 2019|
|Postal code:||T0B 2R0|