This job has expired.
|Career Title:||Facility Attendant|
|NAICS Code:||Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation (71)|
|Modified Date:||Nov 20, 2019|
|Description:||Facility Attendant is required to perform duties such as customer service, janitorial duties and front desk supervision of the Arctic Spas Recreation Complex. Interested Applicants are required to submit a cover letter, resume. Position will include evenings, weekends and occasional daytime shifts.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Works independently to monitor use of recreation facilities and various equipment.
• Assists in execution of recreation programming going on throughout the year.
• Maintains cleanliness throughout the facility daily, janitorial duties such as sweeping, mopping, cleaning bathrooms, cleaning tables/chairs, garbages, etc.
• Engages and communicates with the general public, including children, adults and seniors.
• Performs monthly/weekly administrative tasks which include, but are not limited to, processing participant registrations for recreation programming, handling the cash register, answering the phones, etc.
• Adheres to guidelines as set out in the Human Resource Policy Manual.
• Adheres to the guidelines, policies, wages set out in CUPE Local 30 Collective Union Agreement.
• Performs extra related duties as required
|Qualifications:||QUALIFICATIONS, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
The incumbent should understand the Park and Recreation department and basic administrative duties, must have Standard First Aid and CPR Level C certification (or be willing to obtain them). In addition, the incumbent must have strong verbal and written communication skills; strong organizational skills; and be able to work well in a team setting, work with diverse groups of people as well as work independently. The position will require evening and weekend work, as well as the seldom day shift. A minimum one year of customer service experience is required. Incumbents who have worked in a recreation setting previously would be considered a strong asset.
|Salary:||Determined based on CUPE Local 30 Union Guidelines|
|Education:||High School Diploma|
|Category:||Parks & Recreation|
|Job Expiry Date:||Nov 27, 2019|
|Company:||Town of Thorsby|
|Postal code:||T0C 2P0|