This job has expired.
|Career Title:||Parks&Rec/Facilities Foreman|
|NAICS Code:||Other (81)|
|Modified Date:||Nov 25, 2019|
|Description:||A working foreman position dealing with the day to day operations of the Parks & Recreation areas and Town owned facilities. Working together with the Utilities Foreman to ensure public safety & cooperation between departments. Exercise considerable independence of action and judgement in planning and coordinating.
This position requires evening and weekend shift work in the winter months and Monday-Friday day shifts during the summer months.
Examples of Work – The following list does not represent an exhaustive list of the expected duties of the position, merely an example of some expected duties.
• All duties and responsibilities of Operator 2 – Arena, including shift work during winter months;
• Train, supervise, coordinate and evaluate staff in the Parks & Recreation area
• As a working foreman, ensures a well-trained staff in the Parks & Recreation area.
• Train, supervise, coordinate and evaluate staff in the Parks & Recreation area;
• Assists in the preparation of and ensures adherence to the operating and capital budgets for Parks & Recreation;
• Liaise with contractors on projects related to or concerning Parks & Recreation area and town owned facilities;
• Keep accurate logs and records as required;
• Develops or assists in the development of policies and procedures related to Parks & recreation;
• Responsible for all bookings of ice and town owned facilities;
• Ensure up to date inspections of all town owned facilities;
• Provide support and assistance to other departments as directed;
• Prepare and submit monthly reports to the Chief Administrative Officer regarding department activities. Attend Council meetings when requested;
• Plans, schedules, assigns, coordinates and monitors job assignments to Parks & Recreation employees.
• Responsible for an ongoing maintenance program for all Parks & Recreation equipment.
• Other duties as may be assigned or required.
• Excellent leadership and communication skills.
• High degree of independent judgement, action and initiative.
• Grade 12 or equivalent, supplemented by technical and supervisor courses.
• Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License.
• Sports field Maintenance experience
• Arena Operator 1 certification
• Facility Maintenance experience
• Proficient computer skills
• Physically able to perform required tasks.
• Ability to use discretion regarding confidential matters.
• Ability to deal effectively with the public, employees and others in a courteous and tactful manner and maintain positive and harmonious relationships amongst all with whom the employee may come in contact.
Preference will be given to those who possess the following:
• One or more Recreation and Park Facilities maintenance and operations certifications
• Arena Operator Course Level 2
• Facility Maintenance Certificate
• Significant experience and/or certification in heavy equipment operation.
• Class 3 with air brakes
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Job Expiry Date:||Dec 06, 2019|
|Company:||Town of Millet|
|Postal code:||T0C 1Z0|