|Career Title:||Bylaw / Animal Contract|
|NAICS Code:||Other (81)|
|Modified Date:||Nov 26, 2019|
|Recruiter:||Chief Administrative Officer|
|Description:||TOWN OF ELK POINT
BYLAW ENFORCEMENT / ANIMAL CONTROL
CONTRACT POSITION - TO FILL VACANCY
The Town of Elk Point is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated individual/company to fill the vacancy of Bylaw Enforcement / Animal Control Officer in a part-time contract position.
Reporting directly to the Town Manager (CAO), the Bylaw Enforcement / Animal Control Officer is responsible to ensure that the Town Bylaws and Policies and related Federal and Provincial laws are enforced in the Town of Elk Point. The incumbent must ensure compliance with all applicable legislation. This part-time contract position is responsible for reporting and documentation.
Preference will be given to applicants with a High School Diploma or Grade 12 (GED) plus a minimum of a two-year diploma in administration or law enforcement. However, equivalent combination of education, training & experience may be considered.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Excellent interpersonal skills and strong customer service values.
• Ability to demonstrate tact and discretion in handling matters of a confidential or politically sensitive nature.
• Ability to effectively plan and organize work schedule.
• Ability to communicate (verbal/electronic) effectively and with tact to general public, industry and in a team environment.
• Demonstrates attention to detail and performing work with accuracy and meeting deadlines.
• Knowledge of information technology systems and controls, assisting in developing policies, bylaws, and strategies.
• Knowledge of and/or express interest in municipal bylaw enforcement.
• A high level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability.
• Knowledge of the Alberta Municipal Government Act (M.G.A.) and other relevant Alberta legislation considered an asset.
• Valid Class 5 Operator’s License.
• Current First Aid/CPR/AED Certificate
• WHIMS Certification
• Adhere to the Town of Elk Point Health and Safety Program.
• Basic Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy certificate.
• Ability to obtain an enhanced security clearance from the RCMP
• 1-3 years Law/Municipal Enforcement
Deadline for Applications: Until a Suitable Candidate is Found
This is a part-time contract position with a monthly salary of $2,000. If you are interested in working with a team that supports a work life balance. Please submit a resume including a cover letter, available start date, and 3 work related references. A criminal record check and vulnerability check will be required by the successful candidate as per Town Policy to:
Town of Elk Point
PO Box 448
4914 – 50 Avenue
Elk Point, Alberta
ATTN: Ken Gwozdz
Thank you for your application. Please note that only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. We thank you for your interest.
|Salary:||$2,000 per month|
|Education:||HIgh School Diploma or GED plus a minimum of a two year diploma in Administration or Law Enforcement|
|Job Expiry Date:||Dec 31, 2024|
|Company:||Town of Elk Point|
|City:||Elk Point, Alberta|
|Postal code:||T0A 1A0|