|Career Title:||Senior Accountant|
|NAICS Code:||Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services (54)|
|Modified Date:||Jan 06, 2020|
|Description:||On behalf of our South Edmonton Client geared in the manufacturing industry, we are recruiting for a Senior Accountant to join their team. This is a stable, long term career path with excellent earning potential and opportunity for growth. Candidates best suited to this role will have an Accounting Designation, with a minimum of five years hands-on experience with the full cycle accounting in a high-volume environment. Frequent travel across Western Canada will be required for this role.
• Completion of the month end processes, including the preparation of month end journal entries, account analysis and reconciliation.
• Work with the Controller and accounting team to design and implement new manufacturing and cost accounting processes.
• Review others' work for quality and provides guidance to more junior team members.
• Identify and analyze possible improvements to the reporting process and implement selected solutions.
• Assist in the completion of monthly internal and external financial reporting.
• Preparation and analysis of various operational reports, including fuel analysis, monthly truck revenue and job costing.
• Ensure inter-company and balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly, investigate and adjust variances as needed.
• Develop and maintain efficient, effective working processes; actively pursue process improvement.
• Ensure accurate and timely monthly and year end close processes.
• Assist with year end review as required.
• Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Performs various other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
• Completion of CPA program
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizations skills
• Ability to “think outside the box”, and embrace a dynamic, complex, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment
• Public company experience working in IFRS would be an asset
• Effective project management skills; able to prioritize multiple tasks
• Call on past experiences, industry trends and new technology to identify opportunities to improve and streamline processes
• Flexible and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
• Self-motivated and able to work independently
• Able to work overtime hours during peak periods as required
• Frequent travel required
|Salary:||To be negotiated|
|Education:||Bachelor’s Degree in Account, Finance or BA|
|Job Expiry Date:||Feb 05, 2020|
|Postal code:||T5J 3G2|
Please register with us as we receive new staffing requirements daily.
Feel free to submit your resume for opportunities you may be qualified for to email@example.com
Thank you for visiting our web site !