Library Manager - Temp - Job Details
|Career Title:||Library Manager - Temp|
|NAICS Code:||Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation (71)|
|Modified Date:||Jun 24, 2020|
|Recruiter:||Redwater Public Library|
|Description:||The Town of Redwater Library Board is currently seeking:
A Library Manager –Maternity leave replacement (32 hrs / week)
*This is a temporary position (8 months with the possibility of extension) *
Start date as early as September 2020
Do you love working with people and making a difference in your community? We are looking for an energetic, dedicated individual to join our team!
The Library appreciates the interest of all applicants; however only those applicants who are chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Closing date: July 10, 2020 or until a suitable candidate has been found.
Please forward cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
|Qualifications:||What we are looking for:
• Strong interpersonal skills with an enthusiasm for literacy, learning, community building.
• Management of library staff and volunteers
• An understanding of finances, budgeting, and strategic planning
• Maintenance of statistical data, financial reporting, and grant applications
• Creation of monthly and annual reports for the Library Board
• Ability to plan and facilitate classes and events for patrons of all ages
• Proficiency with current technologies and able to assist patrons with a wide range of information resources and devices (print and electronic).
• Experience in the use of Microsoft Office programs, web-based applications, and other services
necessary for circulation, collection development, online communication, electronic ordering, and accounting.
• Strong supervisory, organizational, communication, presentation, teaching, and collaboration
• Effective and creative problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
• Accountability to Library Board for the efficient operation of the library
• A commitment to upholding the Canadian Federation of Library Associations position statements on Intellectual Freedom and on Diversity and Inclusion is essential.
• Formal training/experience in libraries or community programming preferred.
Successful candidates will be required to:
• Provide an RCMP Criminal Record check with a Vulnerable Persons check.
• Provide at least two work references and one personal reference.
|Salary:||Compensation commensurate with experience.|
|Education:||High School Diploma or higher|
|Category:||Libraries and Information|
|Job Expiry Date:||Jul 10, 2020|
|Company:||Redwater Public Library|
|Postal code:||T0A 2W0|