This job has expired.
|Career Title:||Brush Mower Operator|
|NAICS Code:||Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing & Hunting (11)|
|Modified Date:||Nov 05, 2020|
|Description:||Lamont County is seeking two (2) qualified candidates for the position of a Brush Mower Operator. The Brush Mower Operator will report directly to the Agricultural Fieldman. This is a seasonal position starting in November to March (date may vary based on weather).
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
• Operating a truck driven self-propelled mulcher.
• Conduct roadside brush and/or mulch control within designated divisions.
• Conduct daily service and/or maintenance of equipment.
• Conduct isolated tree removal + possible use of brush chipper.
• Other duties as assigned.
Lamont County is committed to protecting the health and safety of its employees, all personnel are governed by the County’s Health & Safety Program. This position is based on a 40-hour work week, Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm. This position is weather dependent, overtime may be required from time to time. Lamont County offers a competitive wage based on experience and qualifications. This competition will remain open until November 20th, 2020 at 4:00 pm.
Please forward your application in one of the following ways:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Website: www.lamontcounty.ca
Lamont County thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. All resumes are retained on file for a period of 6 months.
|Qualifications:||• A minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent.
• Class 5 Alberta Drivers’ License.
• Experience operating excavators and/or truck-driven equipment would be an asset.
• Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
• Possess good communication skills and be safety orientated.
• Provide their own reliable transportation to work.
• Mechanical knowledge and aptitude of equipment and machinery.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, stand or operate for extended periods of time.
• High level of problem-solving skills and taking initiative.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• A satisfactory and valid Driver’s Abstract.
• A satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
|Education:||High School Diploma or GED|
|Job Expiry Date:||Nov 20, 2020|
|Postal code:||T0B 2R0|