This job has expired.
|Career Title:||Heavy Equipment Operator|
|NAICS Code:||Public Administration (92)|
|Modified Date:||Jan 11, 2021|
|Description:||Lamont County has an opening for an experienced Heavy Equipment Operator on a seasonal basis with our Public Works Department for 7 months (weather dependent). The successful candidate will perform road maintenance, gravelling, dust control, approach building, culvert replacement, sign installation, bridge repairs, crack sealing and road patching.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Safe and efficient operation of heavy equipment which may include a packer, dozer, excavator, track hoe, loader, gravel truck, and other equipment as required.
• Perform daily pre and post-operation equipment inspections.
• Perform minor servicing and maintenance on equipment.
• Perform labour duties as associated with culvert and sign installations, crack sealing and road patching, placement of rip rap, erosion and other related duties.
• Report garbage, broken or damaged signs, debris, fallen trees on County roads.
• Assist with flood control and repair.
• Compliance with the Lamont County health and safety program.
• Other maintenance related duties as assigned.
Lamont County is committed to protecting the health and safety of its employees, all personnel are governed by the County’s Health & Safety Program. Applicants may be road tested to demonstrate operating skills.
The regular hours of work are between 6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Hours may vary depending on weather. The salary range is $28.13 - $34.30/hour. This competition will remain open until January 15th, 2021.
Please forward your application in one of the following ways:
Email: email@example.com | Website: www.lamontcounty.ca
Lamont County thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. All resumes are retained on file for a period of 6 months.
|Qualifications:||• Three (3) or more years of relevant and progressive heavy equipment operating experience.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Minimum of a valid Class 3 Alberta Driver’s license with Air Brake Endorsement (Q).
• Ability to lift approximately 50 lbs, sit for prolonged periods, climb in and out of equipment.
• Ability to work in all types of weather (rain, cold or hot) and dusty conditions.
• Overtime and working weekends may be required from time to time.
• Safety conscious and attentive to the working environment they are in.
• Excellent public relations and communication skills are required.
• Mechanical aptitude to perform routine inspection and light servicing of equipment.
• Ability to work as part of a team, and independently effectively.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• A satisfactory and valid Driver’s Abstract.
• A satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
|Salary:||$28.13 - $34.30/hour|
|Education:||High School Diploma or GED|
|Job Expiry Date:||Jan 15, 2021|
|Postal code:||T0B 2R0|