This job has expired.
|Career Title:||Seasonal Labourers|
|NAICS Code:||Public Administration (92)|
|Modified Date:||Mar 25, 2021|
|Description:||Lamont County is seeking qualified candidates for Seasonal Labourer (5 positions) in the Public Works department. This position will report directly to the Infrastructure Supervisor and perform a variety of labour-intensive tasks for road maintenance and construction with an estimated start date of April 12th, 2021 to October 16th, 2021 (dependent on weather).
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manual tasks in all types in all operations (cleaning and steaming culvert ends, patching, pothole repairs, signage, guard rails, flagging, garbage and tree clean up, etc.)
• Operate a County vehicle and light equipment including small tractors, trailers, etc.
• Assist with flood control and repair.
• Assist with the maintenance of County buildings and landscaping (grass mowing, snow shovelling, etc).
• Compliance with the Lamont County health and safety program.
• Accurate recording and submission of weekly timesheets.
• Other labour related duties as assigned.
Regular hours of work are between 6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. The competition for this position will close on April 2, 2021. Lamont County thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. All resumes are retained on file for a period of 6 months.
Please forward your application in one of the following ways:
Email: email@example.com | Website: www.lamontcounty.ca
|Qualifications:||QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Experience in labour work and light equipment operating.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Holds a Class 5 Alberta Driver’s license.
• Ability to lift approximately 50 lbs, sit for prolonged periods, climb in and out of equipment.
• Ability to work in all types of weather (rain, cold or hot) and dusty conditions.
• Willing to work 10 hour days, overtime may be required from time to time.
• Safety conscious and attentive to the working environment they are in.
• Excellent public relations and communication skills are required.
• Ability to work independently and unsupervised.
Lamont County is committed to protecting the health and safety of its employees, all personnel are governed by the County’s Health & Safety Program. This position is identified as a safety-sensitive role and will require the following pre-screening requirements:
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• A satisfactory and valid 5-year Driver’s Abstract.
• A satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
|Education:||High School Diploma or GED|
|Job Expiry Date:||Apr 02, 2021|
|Postal code:||T0B 2R0|