This job has expired.
|Career Title:||Seasonal Grader Operators|
|NAICS Code:||Public Administration (92)|
|Modified Date:||Mar 25, 2021|
|Description:||Lamont County has an opening for two experienced Motor Grader Operators on a seasonal basis with our Public Works Department. The successful candidate will report directly to the Infrastructure Supervisor and perform duties directly related to road maintenance including maintaining gravel roads, dust control, and assisting in other road maintenance duties as required. This position has an estimated start date of April 12th, 2021 to October 16th, 2021 (dependent on weather).
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Safe and efficient operation of a motor grader.
• Maintaining Lamont County gravel roads.
• Performing snow removal using a V-Plow and Wing-Plow.
• Perform daily routine inspection of motor grader.
• Compliance with the Lamont County health and safety program.
• Other maintenance related duties as assigned.
Regular hours of work are between 6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. The competition for this position will close on April 2, 2021. Lamont County thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. All resumes are retained on file for a period of 6 months.
Please forward your application in one of the following ways:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Website: www.lamontcounty.ca
• Three (3) or more years of motor grader operating experience, primarily in maintaining gravel roads.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Holds a Class 3 Alberta Driver’s license.
• Ability to lift approximately 50 lbs, sit for prolonged periods, climb in and out of equipment.
• Ability to work in all types of weather (rain, cold or hot) and dusty conditions.
• Willing to work 10 hour days, overtime may be required from time to time.
• Safety conscious and attentive to the working environment they are in.
• Excellent public relations and communication skills are required.
• Mechanical aptitude to perform routine inspection and servicing of motor grader.
• Ability to work independently and unsupervised.
Lamont County is committed to protecting the health and safety of its employees, all personnel are governed by the County’s Health & Safety Program. This position is identified as a safety-sensitive role and will require the following pre-screening requirements:
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• A satisfactory and valid 5-year Driver’s Abstract.
• A satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
|Education:||High School Diploma or GED|
|Job Expiry Date:||Apr 02, 2021|
|Postal code:||T0B 2R0|