Sorry, this job is no longer available.
This position has been filled.
This job has expired.
|Career Title:||Public Works Director|
|NAICS Code:||Other (81)|
|Modified Date:||Aug 09, 2021|
|Description:||Lamont County has an opening for an experienced Director of Public Works on a full-time permanent basis. Reporting to
the CAO, the Director of Public Works is responsible for the overall management of Utilities, Infrastructure Operations,
Public Works Shop, Public Works Administration, Inventory and Asset Management, and Safety.
Working with the CAO and Directors, this position will apply technical expertise and establish best practices in managing
Public Works operations. This position will develop and execute departmental strategic plans, provide leadership and
guidance, and be responsible for responding and solving complex operational issues.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure that programs, policies, bylaws, and council objectives pertaining to the Public Works department are
observed and carried out as intended.
• Organize personnel and assign tasks effectively to achieve department goals.
• Ensure that all capital and maintenance projects are constructed and maintained in a manner following standard
construction and engineering principles.
• Provides professional engineering expertise in the implementation of County projects and departmental
• Oversee and implement asset management for Public Works through programs, systems, and ensuring
sustainability through policy and directives.
• Responsible for the preparation of tenders or contracts in consultation with the CAO.
• Preparing, submitting, and monitoring the Public Works capital and operating budgets in consultation with the
CAO and CFO.
• Responds to inquiries and complaints from the Public regarding Public Works concerns in a professional and
• Over see fleet maintenance, annual County Road construction and bridge inspection programs, water and
utilities distribution systems, and drainage maintenance.
• Attend weekly director meetings, monthly Council meetings, and other scheduled meetings as required.
• May be required to respond to emergency situations.
|Qualifications:||• Graduated from an recognized post-secondary institution with a degree in Civil Engineering and a P.Eng
designation with valid membership is desired.
• Or holding a P.Lng designation with a combination of vast experience in a municipal public works environment is
• A minimum of seven (7) year’s experience in a managerial role in a municipal public works environment.
• Experience directly working with the maintenance and implementation of road development, capital and
operational budgeting, asset management, and infrastructure improvement plans.
• Demonstrated knowledge of related Municipal Legislation, Alberta Occupational Health & Safety Legislation, and
Alberta Environmental regulations.
• Thorough knowledge of principles and practices in budget development, implementation, and administration.
• Demonstrating leadership in developing a team, including coaching and mentoring staff, providing direction and
|Education:||P.Eng or P.Lng|
|Job Expiry Date:||Aug 02, 2021|
|Postal code:||T0B 2R0|