This job has expired.
|Career Title:||Communications Coordinator|
|NAICS Code:||Public Administration (92)|
|Modified Date:||Jul 28, 2021|
|Description:||Lamont County has an opening for an experienced Communications Coordinator on a full-time permanent basis. Reporting to the Legislative Services Officer, the Communications Coordinator is responsible for creating and disseminating internal and external communications materials. The Communications Coordinator will develop a communications plan and oversee the daily administration of the plan. This position will also draft, edit, and submit proposals, and will oversee the development, management, and maintenance of all online communication vehicles for Lamont County, including but not limited to Lamont County’s website, email templates, and social media accounts
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Seek information from Council/CAO/directors and provide editorial service to the departments using
the department’s technical expertise.
• Collaborate with Council/Administration to develop and implement an effective communications
strategy based on our target audience.
• Collaborate with Economic Development Officer, develop promotional & marketing contents in
conjunction with the officer, and promote the community effectively.
• Develop and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports,
speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization's activities, products
• Regularly monitoring news and social media relevant to Lamont County and its initiatives.
• Develop content for Lamont County’s Webpage and social media outlets.
• Review communication approaches and recommend processes for improvement.
• Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a liaison for the organization.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with media and maintain a media database.
• Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as
• Proficiency in design and publishing software.
• Coordinates Lamont County’s annual Reeve’s Report.
• Ensure all County communications are delivered in a timely, effective, efficient, and appropriate
• Coordinate the information flow within all parts of the organization to ensure consistency and accuracy
of messages to the community
• Initiate, promote and encourage effective internal and external communication strategies and
• Write consistently in an influential and creative style, and edit submissions for consistency in style and
• Connect communication messages across vehicles to influence and ensure consistency and
reinforcement of critical messages
• Develop strategies to receive public input and shape public awareness.
• Ensure that corporate branding is consistent across all departments and media platforms
• Development, editing and publishing of newsletters, brochures, public notices, press releases, and key
messages for all communications of the County.
|Qualifications:||QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Post-Secondary degree or diploma in communications, public relations, marketing or related field.
• 3 years progressively responsible experience in designated public relations or public information
• Municipal Election experience is an asset
• Media relations and event management experience.
• Experience in dealing with government officials is an asset.
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Adobe products
• Website Management
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Knowledge of the requirements of mass communication media.
• Knowledge of social media and web-based communications.
• Ability to work in a very fast paced team environment.
• Knowledge of project management methodologies and tools.
|Education:||Degree or Diploma in communications, public relations, marketing, or related|
|Job Expiry Date:||Aug 27, 2021|
|Postal code:||T0B 2R0|