Service Level Agreement
This SLA (Service Level Agreement) applies to all TownLife Website Hosting Packages and requires that your account is current on all service charges with no past due balances owed. Web site availability is defined as the total hours in the year (based on a 24-hour day and 365 days) that your site is available for all website requests, as calculated by TownLife
Should you require support or encounter an issue with your website please submit a request (problem ticket) at http://support.townlife.com, these received will be responded to within 2 business days.
TownLife guarantees 99% Web site availability for all web requests per calendar year on all of our website hosting packages. TownLife will from time to time have scheduled outages during non-peak hours to perform routine maintenance, security and system upgrades to ensure we are providing you with the best service and products possible. You will be notified prior to such a planned maintenance event. In the event of a security concern or risk, TownLife will take all actions necessary to ensure the privacy and protection of our clients is upheld, this may entail a short term stop in service so that we are able to quickly act and resolve any issues. The SLA is subject to the following conditions and exclusions below.
In addition to the service plan and billing history conditions above, TownLife must be the authorized technical support contact for your domain name registration. This allows us to maintain and update records and information regarding your website and the server where it resides.
This Service Level Agreement does not apply to service outages caused by or associated with:
- Circumstances beyond the reasonable control of TownLife, including, without limitation, acts of any governmental body, war, insurrection, sabotage, terrorism, armed conflict, embargo, fire, flood, strike or other labor disturbance, interruption of or delay in transportation, unavailability of or interruption or delay in telecommunications or third party services, virus attacks or hackers, failure of third party software (including, without limitation, e-commerce software, payment gateways, statistics or free scripts) or inability to obtain raw materials, supplies, or power used in or equipment needed for provision of this SLA;
- Acts of God or other natural disasters;
- Scheduled maintenance, including upgrades; emergency maintenance or Security Updates;
- Domain Name Server (DNS) issues outside the direct control of TownLife, including, without limitation, DNS Propagation or any delays in the registration or transfer of a domain name due to domain registrar or registry issues; browser or DNS caching that may make your site appear inaccessible when others can still access it;
- FTP, POP, IMAP, SMTP or shell customer access issues;
- Outages or SLA failures resulting from any act or omission by Customer or its agents, including, without limitation, custom scripting or coding (e.g., CGI, Perl, HTML, etc.); negligence, willful misconduct; exceeding allowable monthly Site Traffic allocation; or any use of the services in violation of the applicable Terms Conditions or acceptable use policy;
- Manual website updates performed by our clients directly;
- Email or Web Mail delivery and transmission;
- Outages elsewhere on the Internet that hinder access to a hosted account.
This document was last updated on November 17, 2007.